Albany County Fairgrounds is seeking to hire a an Office Assistant. This is a temporary, part-time position.
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Must pass a background check due to the close proximity to minors in youth programs;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be able to maintain a valid driver license.
- Associate’s Degree preferred;
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in an office setting;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and comfortable working independently;
- Strong spelling, grammar and punctuation skills and attention to details;
- The ability to work as part of a team;
- Microsoft Office skills.
The Office Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Greet visitors in a professional manner;
- Provide visitors with information and direct them accordingly;
- Answer phone calls and direct callers to the appropriate party;
- Process, sort, and route incoming and outgoing mail;
- Monitor and manage inventory of office supplies; order and distribute office supplies as necessary;
- Coordinate and schedule appointments and meetings;
- Perform other administrative support tasks, including updating and sorting files, drafting and proofreading correspondence, and conducting research;
- Assist in the production of the Albany County Fair.
Salary Range: $10 - $12/hour DOE
Albany County Fairgrounds is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We will conduct background investigations for the final candidate being considered for employment.