Albany County Fairgrounds is seeking to hire a Grounds Manager. This position will serve as a general custodian and laborer at the fairgrounds. This position will aid in the management of other employees as well as provide labor for projects wherever needed. All assigned duties need to be performed in a timely and professional manner. This is a full-time benefited position.
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Must pass a background check due to the close proximity to minors in youth programs;
- Must be able to maintain a valid driver license.
- Good communication skills;
- The ability to work as part of a team;
- Willingness to perform custodial work and manual labor, requiring moderate strength;
- Skills in the proper use of power and hand tools;
- Working knowledge of proper safety procedures and work habits;
- General knowledge of and skills in electrical, plumbing, carpentry, mechanical, and welding, and equipment operation.
The Grounds Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Monitor and report all building condition information to the board on a regular basis;
- Oversee the execution of all contracted services for building repair, maintenance or improvements;
- Make budget recommendations to the Fair Business Manager and the ACFB related to building and equipment acquisition, maintenance, improvements etc. Provide cost estimates when necessary;
- Oversee the facilities use schedules and rentals for storage. Help with public communication to insure proper setup for events;
- Oversee and execute repairs and/or replace a variety of fixtures, furniture, equipment, etc.;
- electrical outlets, light fixtures;
- windows, screens;
- sidewalks, gutters, doors, closets, etc.;
- install and maintain proper signage;
- roofs, gutters, downspouts, roof vents;
- toilets, sinks, any related bathroom fixtures;
- repair fences, chutes, pens, stalls, etc.
- Sweep, mop, vacuum, or clean carpets;
- Clean, repair, or paint walls, floors, ceilings as needed;
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms, buildings, and barns as needed;
- Provide snow or debris removal when needed;
- Provide labor for the movement of equipment for individual set ups. (bleachers, cages, panels, display cases, tables and chairs, etc.);
- Water and mow grass and trees as needed;
- Equipment operation as needed or instructed;
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $32,000-$40,000 DOE
Albany County Fairgrounds is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We will conduct background investigations for the final candidate being considered for employment.